Friday, July 11, 2014

I am Switching Cable Providers


Ladies and Gentlemen the the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'! The Lakers are in the refrigerator. I am sure that you all have heard the news, Lebron James is coming home to Cleveland, Kevin Love will probably be joining him, and Carmelo Anthony has told the front office in El Segundo that he is no longer interested in signing with the Lakers. It appears that this series of events has left the Lakers void of any hope of winning in the next two years. And so the Lakers have decided to take on what is the worst contract in the NBA. Yes, Lin Sanity is headed to Los Angeles. The back up point guard of the Houston Rockets is now going to be the third point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers.

            As I am an avid  fan of the Los Angeles Lakers you may be wondering how upset I am about this move? I am not that angry about it, but I am going to cancel my cable subscription. I have no need to watch my team for the next few years. It just doesn’t make sense.
With this single move, Laker management has waived the white flag for the next year. It is obvious that this move is not for the betterment of this team. If there was one position that was already quite solid it was point. I mean we only had four players signed and two of them were point guards, if you can really call a forty-year old Steve Nash a point guard. So lets go with the Lakers already have one and a half point guards. 

The addition of Lin’s 15 million dollar contract to the Lakers pay roll is fitting. It matches the ten million dollars that we are spending to watch Steve Nash wear very fancy suits. Not to mention the 24 million dollar contract to see Kobe Bryant send twit pics from around the world. In a league where it takes a big three to win a championship or even get in the playoffs, the Lakers have nothing. Unless Kobe Bryant miraculously heals from his knee cap fracture and torn Achilles the team has no one. I believe in a healthy Kobe. I believe that if he turns to the Kobe of old, the Lakers will manage to make the playoffs once in the next two years. However, it is apparent that Mitch Kupcheck does not.
Now with all this being said I am sure that you assume that I am going to say that I am furious at the front office of the Lakers. I am sure you think that I think that they are fools and that they should be euthanized.
While the emotional side of me feels as though the world would be better without Mitch Kupcheck and Jim Buss, the reasonable side of me understands what they are doing. Sometimes you just have to let the dream die. We are buckling down for a cold winter in hope that spring will be far more kind to us.
The trade for Jeremy Lin was not about Jeremy Lin at all. It was about the first round draft pick. The only thing that I am mad about the front office is the fact that we only got one first round draft pick. I am confident that Jeremy Lin’s contract was so bad that we could have obtained at least another first round draft pick. Really as I am writing this post I am getting more more and more upset. 15 million dollars to purchase a freaking 21st pick in the draft is absurd… Its been a while since America has seen a good riot. Ladies and gentlemen grab your pitch forks, grab your torches, hide your kids, hide your wife, meet me tomorrow in El Segundo, we are gonna burn this mother down.



No comments:

Post a Comment